Starting with Orientation in September, the group gathers for writing guidance and support on a regular basis throughout the fall, winter, and spring. A schedule is provided at the first meeting and new members are accepted until the end of January.
Over the course of a Lifescapes program year you can expect to:
- Explore your life experiences, to help you decide which ones to write about.
- Share stories in a supportive environment.
- Learn how to write a great story, sometimes with the help of visiting authors and storytellers.
- Get assistance with editing text and scanning photos.
- See your story published in the annual anthology.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. for more information and to register.
Tuesdays / September 24, October 8 & 22, November 5 & 19, December 3 & 17
2:30 p.m. / Main Branch
Lifescapes 2019 Anthology Book Launch
Did you contribute a memory to this year’s Anthology? Come celebrate and share your story with the other authors! Family and friends welcome. RSVP Robin at email@example.com.
Saturday, September 28 / 2:30 p.m. / Main Branch
Our Recollection Collection (2008)
The first annual Lifescapes anthology was launched on June 23, 2008.
This program was also featured in a Brantford Expositor article.
Check it out or Download the PDF.
Lifescapes was developed by Julie Machado, a Librarian with the Washoe County Library System and Stephen Tchudi, Professor of English and Rhetoric at the University of Nevada.